This article describes how to easily configure Windows built-in AutoLogon mechanism to allow GSX Robot Users to use GUI applications, like the Skype for Business Client, following a system reboot instead of waiting for a user to enter their name and password.
By default, Windows will ask for user credentials when restarted.
The procedure below describes how to configure Windows to login a specified user automatically following a reboot. The system will use the Autologon configured credentials to open an interactive session rather than waiting for a user to enter their name and password.
Ensure no User Experience monitoring scenario is currently scanning by disabling the desired configuration from the GSX Monitor Main View.
- Log on the machine running the GSX Robot User as an Administrator.
- Install the Sysinternals Autologon for Windows utility.
- Enter user credentials information:
- Enable auto-logon.
- As an optional step, we strongly advise to configure a screen saver with logon screen:
- Restart the GSX Robot User host computer to validate the change.
Microsoft Related Articles
Windows Sysinternals Autologon for Windows