While monitoring Exchange 2010, you receive web exception errors for the Client Access Server (CAS) role ActiveSync checks. The alert indicates that the remote server returned an internal server error. This occurs when the Exchange Servers group does not have appropriate permissions to the mailbox object in Active Directory (AD).
Follow this article to apply inheritable permissions for the Exchange Server group to the corresponding mailbox object in AD.
- Error: [ActiveSync] [System.Net.WebException]:
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
How to Solve the Issue
Updating the mailbox object permissions for the Exchange Server group in Active Directory:
- Connect to your Active Directory server.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click View - Advanced Features.
- Locate and right-click the corresponding mailbox account in the console, and click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Make sure that the checkbox for Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent is selected.
The CAS role check will now pass and the LED will show green at the next scan of the Exchange 2010 server in GSX Monitor.