When attempting to install GSX Gizmo, the installation halts at "Extracting PostgreSQL" or "Initializing PostgreSQL" with error messages. This is usually caused by a missing GSX Gizmo prerequisite of PowerShell version 4.
Follow this article to identify if you have the same error message and steps to correct the issue.
- Folder Access Denied.
- You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folder.
- error pgsql.
- There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
- Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
How to Solve the Issue
- Download and install the Windows Management Framework 4.0 or later that includes PowerShell version 4.0:
- Check for any other missing prerequisites:
- Once the prerequisites are installed, restart the GSX Gizmo station.
- Retry the Gizmo installation.
GSX Gizmo now installs successfully: