When upgrading GSX Analyzer or GSX Monitor, the old version is uninstalled prior to the new version being installed.
If the installer package is not Run as Administrator then some of the GSX components may fail to be removed cleanly, and the upgrade will abort.
When parts of the GSX Analyzer Windows Service are left behind, you will see the 1001 Error during installation and will not be able to complete the upgrade. This article describes how to solve this issue.
- Error 1001.
- An Exception occurred while uninstalling.
How to Solve the Issue
What we need to do is run a batch file that will install the missing service so that it can be properly removed from Programs and Features in the Control Panel. This will allow the GSX Analyzer installer to complete as expected.
%windir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil.exe -i Agent\GsxAnalyzerAgent.exe
To fix the problem:
- Download and save the attached InstallGSXAnalyzerService.bat to the GSX Analyzer install directory.
- Right-click a Windows Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Change the directory to your GSX Analyzer installation using cd\ cd <installation path>.
- Type InstallGSXAnalyzerService.bat to execute the batch file from the GSX Analyzer Folder as an Administrator:
- Verify that the GSX Analyzer Agent is available in the list of Windows Services:
- Resume upgrading GSX Analyzer.