Error 30003 is seen when two processes are using the Notes ID at the same time. You can see this error when GSX Monitor is launching. The GSX Monitor service is trying to access it while it is locked by the Notes client.
- The ScanEngine task initialization process failed and returned 30003.
How to Solve the Issue
There are two processes trying to access the ID file simultaneously, so we need to identify what else is using a Notes session other than GSX Monitor, and then close this process.
It is possible to resolve this issue by restarting the server at the OS level and letting GSX Monitor start as a Windows Service before anything else accesses the Notes ID file.
If it is inconvenient to restart the OS, then we can manually shut down the Notes processes:
- Right-click the task bar and select Start Task Manager:
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Ensure to Show processes from all users.
- Shut down all Notes processes (right-click and select End Process Tree). Notes processes start with "n" as for example nlnotes.exe, nsd.exe:
- Close any GSXREGPwd process you see in the task manager.
- Close any GSXUITray process you see in the task manager.
- Launch GSX Monitor.
This error is usually seen when the Notes Client is used before the GSX Monitor Service starts, or if the Notes ID password has been changed in Notes and not GSX Monitor. For information, GSX strongly advises against running GSX Monitor and the IBM Notes client simultaneously. If you need to, you will find more information in the IBM Notes Client section of our online help on how to achieve this.