Due to corruption or software configuration issue, some Windows Performance counters cannot retrieved by GSX Monitor.
This article gives possible resolutions gathered from Technical Support field experience.
- N Performance counters out of N cannot be retrieved.
- Statistics view Performance counters showing n/a, value not found Error.
- The Graphs view for the impacted statistics will show no value.
How to Solve the Issue
GSX Monitor relies on Performance counters that are maintained by the Windows Operating System. Counters provide information on how well the Operating System, application, service, or driver is performing.
The following solutions have been collected while troubleshooting Performance counters issues. One or multiple solutions may apply depending on the platform or the original cause of the issue.
- Reboot the target server.
- Validate remote connectivity to the server and confirm that the user configured in GSX Monitor has enough rights to collect Performance counters information. Please find detailed information on how to configure Windows remote PowerShell access for non-privileged user accounts if needed.
- Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files on the target server. Microsoft provides a detailed Technet article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 for this.
- Manually rebuild Performance counters on the target server. Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2554336 for more details.
As the root cause of the issue is not related to GSX software, the solutions referenced above are provided as is. A link to an external source is provided for each solution, please refer the Microsoft technical support for more information.