When initially installing or upgrading GSX Monitor, antivirus (AV) can interfere with the installation by stopping communication between ports or killing the GSX processes.
This article explains how to properly apply Antivirus exceptions from the Symantec Management Console to globally exclude GSX Monitor from Antivirus scans. This has to be done from the Administration console or the changes will be reset by the Symantec administration process.
Here is a link to the online help for the GSX Monitor antivirus exceptions list. Be sure to reference it when executing the following procedure.
You must be the Administrator for the Symantec Management Console or the following procedure can be overwritten by an automatic update or after a server reboot.
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) does not allow the use of wildcards characters so you will have to add exceptions individually.
- Launch your Symantec Management Console
- Log in.
- Click Policies > Exceptions > Add an Exceptions policy.
- From the Overview tab, enter a Policy name and a description, for example:
- Policy name: GSX Monitor
- Description: Exceptions list for GSX Monitor directory and files.
Excluding GSX Monitor installation directory and sub-directories.
- From the Exceptions tab, click Add > Windows Exceptions > Folder.
- In the Folder field, type in the exact path of the GSX Monitor installation folder, for example:
- GSX Monitor installed on a drive root: \GSX Monitor\
- GSX Monitor installed in a sub-directory: C:\Install\GSX Monitor\
Excluding GSX Monitor files:
- From the Exceptions tab, click Add > Windows Exceptions > File.
- In the File field, type in the exact path of one of the file listed here. For example: \GSX Monitor\Bin\GSXMonitor.exe
- Select Also exclude child processes.
- Make sure all types of scans are selected:
- Application Control
- Security Risk
The GSX Monitor directory and files are now excluded from Symantec Endpoint Protection scans.