After applying a fixpack, GSX Monitor cannot be started.
This can be due to Windows Security zones settings. An unknown .dll file can be blocked while being loaded. This article shows how to unblock the newly deployed fixpack dll files.
GSX Monitor 10 and above | Windows versions from XP SP3 and Server 2003 R2
- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
How to Solve the Issue
Here we will check the properties of each dll file that was extracted, and unblock them.
- Check the contents of the original fixpack zip file to see the names of the dll files that have been extracted.
- Navigate to the GSX Monitor\Bin folder (default fixpack install).
- Locate the dll files that are in the fixpack.
- Right-click each dll file, and select Properties.
- From the General tab, click the Unblock button:
- Repeat the previous step for each dll file extracted from the fixpack.
Restart GSX Monitor to make sure all the dll files have been unblocked, and no error message is displayed.
Fixpacks can be applied when an issue has been fixed but the version containing the fix has not yet been released. The fixpack is deployed to temporarily solve the issue.