Firebird creates and maintains the relational database for GSX Analyzer. It is installed with GSX Analyzer and a default password is applied to the database. This password is publicly known.
System security checks such as security audits may inform you to change these known default passwords.
This article describes how to change the default Firebird password that GSX Monitor and GSX Analyzer use to transfer statistics. First, you have to update the default Firebird password in the GSX Analyser Manager, then you have to update the GSX Monitor's stored password for each installation concerned.
Updating the default Firebird password using GSX Analyzer Manager
- Launch the GSX Analyzer Manager program.
- Click Database.
- Click Change password.
- Type in Current password:
Your Firebird password is now changed.
Updating GSX Monitor's stored password for Firebird
Repeat this procedure for each GSX Monitor installation that sends statistics to the same GSX Analyzer station, with the new Firebird password.
- Launch GSX Monitor.
- Click Preferences > GSX Analyzer...
- Select the GSX Analyzer stations you changed the password for, in the previous procedure.
- Click Edit.
- Type the new Firebird password (previously defined) in Password.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Connection to check the password change is successful.