While scanning URLs, there are intermittent access errors populated in scan results and alerts. Testing the URL connection may also result in failure. This is commonly caused by a redirecting URL.
Follow this article to identify URL redirection and modify the monitoring settings for successful URL scanning.
- URL down: A complete request could not be sent to the remote server.
- URL down: Access denied. Please check your Login/Password.
- Test connection: Failure. WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
How to Solve the Issue
If the configured URL points to a redirection, edit the URL Site Location to the target page instead.
Checking for URL redirection:
- Open your default browser.
- Navigate to the URL you have configured in GSX Monitor.
- Observe if the URL changes once the site completes loading.
- Notate the final URL.
Modifying the URL Site Location in GSX Monitor:
- Open GSX Monitor.
- Click the Server Settings tab.
- On the left pane, select URL.
- Under the URL Location column, double-click the URL in error to edit it.
- If there was a redirection found in the previous steps, input the notated final URL.
- Click the Main View tab.
From the Main View, observe that URL 'Scan now' reports as up.
We recommend using URLs that do not point to a redirect. Our full list of recommendations on URL scanning can be found here.