When configuring an Exchange Online Spot Check Report, PowerShell security settings can prevent the cmdlet from executing. This results in no data being returned during the Spot Check Report.
In order to resolve this, we must grant the required permissions by making a change to the Execution Policy.
GSX Monitor 10.12+ | Exchange Online
- Exchange Spot Check Report is empty.
- The term 'get-mailbox' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,
function, script or operable program.
How to Solve the Issue
We need to set the PowerShell Execution Policy on the GSX Monitor server to be remote signed. This is one of the prerequisites for monitoring Exchange Online.
The GSX server will require an operating system reboot to apply the changes made to the local execution policy.
- On the GSX Monitor station, run the Windows PowerShell (x86) console by selecting Run as administrator.
- Execute the command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned:
- Press Y for Yes to confirm the change.
- Restart the GSX Monitor station to update the policy settings.