After installing GSX Monitor and upon the first launch, the monitoring database is not created prompting to contact GSX Support.
This article describes how to allow the creation of the GSX Monitor database.
- The Database cannot be created. Please contact GSX Support.
How to Solve the Issue
The GSX Monitor installation needs Administrator access to create the monitoring database. Depending on the method used to control your GSX Monitor station, Administrator rights may not have registered such as connecting via RDP Terminal Session.
The solution is to run the GSX Monitor executable as Administrator:
- Right-click the GSX Monitor executable.
- Select "Run as administrator".
- Choose launch as an application if prompted.
- If this is not possible you will need to find an account with Local Administrator rights.
GSX Monitor will now have the file permissions to create the database successfully.