While GSX Monitor is scanning Domino servers, the Domino task initialization process fails and all Domino scanning halts. This error can be seen after upgrading or deploying a new Domino server that has not rebooted after deployment.
Follow this article to resolve the Domino initialization error 30000.
- The Domino task initialization process failed and returned 30000.
- Try to restart GSX Monitor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Solve the Issue
Performing a reboot of the newly deployed or upgraded Domino servers, as part of its installation, will resolve this issue:
- Identify each new or upgraded Domino server that has not had an initial reboot.
- Reboot each server at the Operating System level.
GSX Monitor will now scan Domino servers successfully and consistently.
If you have to schedule restarting the target Domino server for a later time, you can disable the individual Domino server from scanning:
- From the Main View of GSX Monitor, click the Domino server LEDs to disable scanning.
For example, the following image is one enabled and one disabled Domino server:
This will prevent the Domino task initialization error from populating until the target server is rebooted.