When attempting to launch GSX Monitor, it does not start due to an issue accessing the IBM Notes.ini configuration file. This can be caused by changes made to the IBM Notes.ini file, specifically changing the location of the file.
Follow this article to update the Notes.ini file location in GSX Monitor.
- Cannot use the Notes.ini file.
How to Solve the Issue
In later versions of GSX Monitor (such as version 11) you will be prompted during the loading splash screen to update the Notes.ini path if it has changed:
If you are running an older version of GSX Monitor or if the Notes.ini location menu does not populate, you may have to manually update the Notes.ini location by modifying the GSXSetup.ini configuration file.
Updating the Notes.ini location by editing the GSXSetup.ini configuration file:
- Go to the GSX Monitor\Data directory.
- Open the GSXSetup.ini file with Notepad.
- Locate the following line entry:
- Update the path with the current Notes.ini file location, for example:
- NotesIniPath=c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\Notes.ini
- Save and close the file.
- Re-launch GSX Monitor.
GSX Monitor is now launching successfully.