This procedure explains how to un-tamper a license file by applying an Activation Key. This key will be supplied to you by GSX Support or your Account Manager.
First, enter the provided Activation Key into the License Viewer using the instructions below.
- The license file was copied across a network drive.
- The antivirus mail checker opened the license file and modified the header.
- If the license file is converted to a zip file, it may become tampered during the extraction.
Perform the following steps on the GSX Monitor station:
- If you have not done so already, obtain the Activation Key by sending the license file \GSX Monitor\gsxmonitor.lic to your Account Manager.
- Navigate to the root GSX Monitor installation directory.
- Right-click the shortcut GSX Monitor License Viewer.
- Select Create Shortcut.
- Right-click the new shortcut and select Properties.
- In the Target section, append the following keyword to the command line: --showlicvwadv
- Right-click the new shortcut and click Run as administrator.
- Click the Internal Viewer button at the bottom of the window:
- Click the Activation Key button:
- Enter the Activation Key supplied to you in the Enter Activation Key window:
- Click OK and close the License Viewer.
- Relaunch the License Viewer to verify the status is License Active.
- Delete the newly created shortcut.
The license file is now untampered and GSX Monitor can be launched.