You may experience a freeze during the installation of some GSX Gizmo components, even if ran as administrator, the Windows Installer Coordinator appears to be caught in a loop that doesn't allow the process to complete.
This problem is caused by an incompatibility between the Gizmo embedded MSI and Windows Installer Coordinator. The workaround for this issue is to "Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility" for the duration of the installation.
GSX Gizmo Amsterdam CU1
- Windows Installer Coordinator progress bar freezes.
- GSX Gizmo installation progress bar stops during installation.
How to Solve the Issue
We are going to use the Group Policy Editor to disable the Windows Installer Remote Desktop Session (RDS) Compatibility:
- Run - gpedit.msc - click OK.
- On the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to:
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility
- Right click on Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility setting and select Edit from the drop-down menu:
- Select the Radio Button labeled Enable:
- Click OK.
- Restart the server to apply the GPO and to clear the prior GSX Gizmo installation attempt.
You can now run the GSX Gizmo Amsterdam CU1 installation.