The GSX Gizmo Analytics Windows Service fails to start. In the Event Viewer, you will see a message stating that the service did not respond in a timely fashion. We will solve this issue by creating a new registry key in the Windows Registry to increase the start timeout settings of all Windows Services.
- The GSX Gizmo Analytics Service service failed to start due to the following error:
- The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
How to Solve the Issue
Creating a new Registry value to increase the Service start timeout:
Increasing the Service start timeout:
- Open Windows Registry via Run - regedit
- In Registry Editor, locate the subkey:
- Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control and select New - DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- In the right pane of Registry Editor a new value named New Value #1 will appear.
- Rename New Value #1 to ServicesPipeTimeout, and press return.
- Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry and choose Modify.
- The Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog box will appear.
- Click Decimal as the Base option.
- In the Value data text box, type your new timeout value (milliseconds):
- Example for a three-minute timeout: 180000
- Click OK.
- Restart the computer.
The GSX Gizmo Analytics service will now start without issue.
Microsoft Related articles